1. Home
  2. /
  3. Portfolio
  4. /
  5. HORNIMAN CIRCLE GARDEN PYAU, 1842

Restoration

HORNIMAN CIRCLE
GARDEN PYAU, 1842

The existing underground well located below the Horniman Circle garden, was excavated in 1811. Subsequently, Seth Gangadas Vijbhukhandas Shroff, funded the establishment of the public water drinking Pyau in 1842. Since 1842, the Bhatt water bearers, and their subsequent generations, have looked after the Pyau, as care takers even until today.


The KGA, with the Urban Design Research Institute as architects, has completed restoration of this Pyau in 2016 – 17.

Slide 1
Slide 2
Slide 3
Slide 4
previous arrow
next arrow
Slide 1
Slide 2
Slide 3
Slide 4
previous arrow
next arrow